Saturday, January 28, 2006

Run - lower seletar dam















Well had a long run today, trying out a new long route. The route runs thru some of the factories and flats. I remember some of the in camp training i had around this forested area.

While i was at the seletar dam i notice my water bottle is running low and almost out of water. Cramps begain to develop and theres no water point insight, therefore i had no choice but force to make a u-turn back . Luckily, manage to find a provision shop around ave 6, bought a bottle of mineral water and made my move again.

Trying to mantain my hr at around 160-170 for max burn rate. In the end clocked in slower then usual timing.

Lesson learnt, I need to top up my bottle prior to hitting the seletar damn, in order to reach jln kayu. And maybe i need to look at running early in the morning while the sun is not strong kinda foolish to run at 4pm.

Next week onwards will be more interval training and timed 2.4km run/swim to train up for my upcoming incamp ippt. Wish me luck.

Distance : 13km
Time : approx 75 mins
HR : 157-169
Weather : overcast , sunny and windy at seletar dam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home